Tuesday 14 June 2011

Is Recent Fall a Market Crash?

Dear Readers,


There is no reason to panic in such markets, where the markets are not doing much but just moving sideways. If I generally look at the Sensex or Nifty levels since the start of this year, no one can term it as a crash.


Why???


Sensex on 1st Jan, 2011- 20500
Sensex on 31 May, 2011- 18503


It is hardly a 10% fall. If you cant sustain a 10% fall, then equities may not be the right investment product for you. Go and invest in debt funds.


Some other people have their own apprehensions. They feel that I have invested in a large cap like State Bank of India. It is down to 2250 odd levels after making highs of 3200 on 31 Dec 2010. What should I do?
I have an answer for them also. I always recommend my readers to have a portfolio of stocks that may be 12 to 15 in number fro atleast 6-8 sectors to diversify their investments rather than buying a single stock on news and hoping it to do miracles for you. Yes, Miracles do happen, but no always in realistic world. I hope you have understood me, dont over try to become rich overnight & get yourself in a trouble. I have given enough multibagger ideas in my previous posts & I hope it will help my readers to gain out of it. Have a long term investment horizon and hope the equities to outshine in 2-3 years. 


If you want some more multibagger stock ideas , do comment in the section given below and lets discuss within the members of this blog.


If you like reading this article, you might also love reading,




  1. Dont Trade, But Invest
  2. What should be the entry point for Nifty
  3. How to Invest
  4. SIP in Mutual Funds is the best

Regards
Mayank Gupta
mayankportfoliomanager@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment